THE UNTOUCHED MOUNTAIN SCENERY OF THE ALLGÄU ALPS FASCINATES NATURE LOVERS AND OUTDOOR SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS IN ALL SEASONS.
Our mountain village Ofterschwang by itself has to offers 93 km of hiking and cycling trails, torrents and mountain forests as well as one of the most beautiful Allgäu high moors. The “Hörnerdörfer”, of which Ofterschwang is one, are equally suitable for relaxed excursions as well as for challenging tours. Not far away, the lake Iller and the Alpsee lure with family-friendly and varied water sports.
Recommendations, offers & excursion tips for an eventful summertime in the Allgäu:
- Active & adventure tours “Hörnerdörfer” and “Hörnerkette”, nature park “Nagelfluhkette”
- Allgäu cycle path
- Lake landscape “Alpsee” and Lake Constance
- Breitachklamm in Tiefenbach, Sturmannshöhle in Obermaiselstein, Skywalk Nature Experience Park Allgäu
- Alpseecoaster Bergwelt, Bärenfalle climbing forest, archery Bolsterlang
- Traditional Allgäu „Bergbauern-museum“ in Immenstadt/Diepholz, Allgäu Nature Experience Center | Allgäuer Alpengenuss Alpen
- Water skiing, wakeboarding & beach volleyball island lake |Starzlachklamm Canyoning | Iller Rafting & Kajak
- Golfresort Oberallgäu & Golf course “Sonnenalp”
WITH AROUND 500 KILOMETERS OF SKI SLOPES THE ALLGÄU ALPS AND THE NEIGHBOURING AUSTRIAN SKI RESORTS OF TANNHEIMER VALLEY AND KLEINWALSER VALLEY ARE A PARADISE FOR WINTER SPORT ENTHUSIASTS.
From our house, you can reach the multi-award-winning family ski area on the Ofterschwanger Horn and the neighboring ski area on the Bolsterlanger Horn in just a few minutes’ drive. Within a radius of 10 to 25 km, the Oberstdorf Kleinwalsertal mountain railways with 130 kilometers of slopes await skiers and snowboarders. More than 110 km of cross-country ski trails connect our village of Ofterschwang with the four other “Hörnerdörfer”. There are also a variety of beautiful winter hiking trails – also for snowshoe tours – along the mountain villages.
Recommendations, offers & excursion tips for an eventful wintertime in the Allgäu:
- 2-valley family ski area Ofterschwang-Gunzesried& Ski school Ofterschwang
- Hörnerbahn Skig area Bolsterlang & Ski school Bolsterlang
- Cross-country ski trails “Hörnerdörfer”
- Ski resorts Oberstdorf Kleinwalsertal
- Guided snowshoe tours – Allgäu Natours Snowshoe park
- Winter hiking trails “Hörnerdörfer”
- Sledging “Hörnerdörfer”, Hornbahn Hindelang & Nebelhorn
- Ski jump stadium at Schattenberg
- Breitachklamm in Tiefenbach
Culture in the “Oberallgäu” region.
Crafts, tradition and the history of Oberallgäu are reflected in the entire region. Events, guided tours and also local museums gives you an interesting insight into the steadfast and special culture and customs of the “proud Allgäu natives”. Also, the deep connection and harmony with the unique natural area of the Alps with beautiful mountains is fundamental – pure cuisine and magnificent views. The musical offer – from the Jugendblaskapelle to the Oberstdorf music summer – is also incredibly versatile.
Recommendations and cultural offer in the Allgäu:
- “Funkenfeuer Hörnerdörfer”
- Adventure Christmas market Bad Hindelang
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- “Allgäuer Alpengenuss” – special mountain huts
- Roman city Kempten
- Music. Vuimera RaumKlangAlpen & Oberstdorf Music sommer
- Homeland museums. Hinterstein Carriage Museum & Oberstdorf Local History Museum